Assistant Fire Chief
Full Time, Exempt position for Riley County Fire District #1.
The purpose of the position is to provide support to the Riley County Fire Rural program and to provide assistance to the Fire Chief in all functions.
- Perform routine inspections of all vehicles in all fire stations on a bi-weekly basis.
- Perform inspections of all fire vehicles following their use in a fire response.
- Assist with planning for fire protection, fire-fighting, and recruitment of volunteer firefighters.
- Assist with training of all firefighters.
- Complete Kansas State Fire Marshall Office fire reporting requirements.
- Assist in management the volunteer personnel within the district.
- Assist in the procurement of apparatus, equipment, parts and PPE.
Firefighter I certification by an accredited institution or equivalent education and experience. Must acquire Instructor I certification within first year of employment and Firefighter II within 18 months of employment. Fire Officer I Certification and State certification for Arson Investigator is preferred. Must have a current First Responder/EMR certification or higher. Must have a thorough knowledge of old and new apparatus, equipment and PPE used in today’s fire service.
A valid Kansas Commercial Driver’s license is required. Pre employment background check and drug screening is required on conditional offer of employment.
For more information visit http://www.rileycountyks.gov/Jobs.aspx The position should be on the website starting next week.