Accidental fire engulfs home in Oakland neighborhood

By Tori Mason
WIBW – January 30, 2017

topeka-fire-1302017

The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 700 block of NE Poplar Street in Topeka’s Oakland neighborhood late Sunday morning.

No injuries were reported. Officials say the family’s fire alarm allowed them and their pets to exit quickly and without harm.

Early investigation shows the fire to be the result of a cooking accident.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Accidental fire engulfs home in Oakland neighborhood”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s