Firefighters rescue dog in central Topeka blaze

By Katie Moore
Topeka Capital Journal – January 31, 2017

Photo by Katie Moore.

Photo by Katie Moore.

The Topeka Fire Department rescued a dog after a kitchen fire started in a house in the 1300 block of S.W. Lincoln.

The incident was reported at 3:32 p.m. Monday.

When fire crews arrived, they found light smoke showing, battalion chief Todd Williams said on the scene.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which had spread to the kitchen cabinets.

The blaze was cooking related, Williams said. One occupant had exited the house prior to the fire department’s arrival.

The occupant said the fire happened very quickly and that there was a lot of smoke. He tried to grab his two dogs, but one of them ran to the second floor. Firefighters were able to rescue the dog.

The 1300 block of Lincoln was blocked while crews worked.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Firefighters rescue dog in central Topeka blaze”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s