Fire causes apartment evacuation

WIBW – February 15, 2017

topeka-fire-2152017

Video639

An apartment complex was evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a fire.

The Topeka Fire Department responded around 2:15 to The Pines Apartments at the 200 block of SW Gage. They found smoke coming from a second-level rear apartment and were able to keep it from spreading.

However, adjacent units did see some smoke and water damage.

Fire officials say the fire started in an apartment kitchen, likely because of inattentive cooking.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire causes apartment evacuation”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s