City of McPherson Fire Department
Under the supervision of the Fire Captain, and Lieutenant the Fire Fighter is a non-exempt position under FLSA. This employee is responsible for protecting the lives and property of the citizens of McPherson by performing fire suppression, technical rescues, hazardous materials responses, and providing emergency medical care. This employee should be in excellent physical condition and have the ability to remain poised under extremely difficult and hazardous circumstances. This employee should possess a strong mechanical aptitude, and effective communication and public relation skills.
• Protects the lives and property of the citizens of McPherson;
• Performs fire suppression techniques;
• Performs rescue operations including high angle, confined spaces, and vehicle extrications;
• Responds to the release of hazardous materials in the community;
• Provides emergency medical care for the sick and injured;
• Assists with the inspection, maintenance, and minor repairs to Fire Department equipment;
• Works within the guidelines of the department’s standard operating policies and procedures;
• Participates in daily training activities;
• Assists with public education programs;
• Acts in a safe manner during emergency responses, at the Fire Station, and during training drills;
• Assists the Fire Officers in performing fire inspections;
• Responsible for maintaining Fire Station and grounds;
• Maintains department records as needed;
ELEMENT OF RISK
• Follows department policies and procedures;
• Follows safety procedures and practices.
• Checks and tests fire hydrants;
• Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
McPherson Fire Department
312 E Kansas
McPherson, KS 67460