Garage fire sends one to the hospital

By Benjamin Van Maele
WIBW – February 20, 2017

topeka-fire-2202017b

Video648

The Topeka Fire Department responded to a garage fire in the 2800 block of SE Massachusetts Ave. Saturday afternoon.

One person was inside the home at the time of the fire. They were taken to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire officials say the embers from a backyard fire pit may have caused the fire.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze fairly quickly.

The cost of damage is estimated at $5,000.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Garage fire sends one to the hospital”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s