Fire in Landmark Building quickly extinguished

Hutchinson News – February 21, 2017

Photo by Chad Heuback

Photo by Chad Heuback

Firefighters quickly put out a blaze late Monday at the downtown Landmark Building in Hutchinson.

The Hutchinson Fire Department was called to the building the 500 block of North Main at about 11:15 p.m. after a passerby reported the fire.

The fire on the third floor was under control in 15 minutes, but crews stayed on the scene for about an hour for salvage and helping with the investigation.

Damage to the building, which was vacant, was estimated at $1,000. There were no injuries.

The fire’s cause was thought to be from a discarded cigarette.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire in Landmark Building quickly extinguished”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s