Stove Catches House on Fire

KSAL – March 30, 2017

A fire that started on a kitchen stove badly damaged a Salina home Wednesday evening.

Salina Fire Marshall Roger Williams tells KSAL News that first responders were dispatched at around 7:00 to the report of a house on fire at 1125 E. Beloit. The first crews on scene discovered a working fire.

“Flames were not visible, but the smoke was so thick it was hard to see nearby homes in the neighborhood,” Williams said.

According to Williams, three people live in the house. Only one of them was home, Matthew Heller. He was able to safely escape.

The fire caused extensive smoke damage throughout the home, and heat damage in the kitchen and attic.

Williams determined that the fire started on the stove, and was cooking-related.

Heller apparently turned on a burner to do some cooking, and then fell asleep. Williams says it’s fortunate that Heller woke up, otherwise things could have turned out much worse.

The home was left uninhabitable.

There were no injuries.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Stove Catches House on Fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: