Potpourri causes fire scare

Herington Times – April 13, 2017
Submitted by Newz Group – April 14, 2017

Minor smoke damage to a kitchen at a 703 West McClaren St. residence was reported following an incident last Tuesday.

Herington Fire Chief Ken Staatz said potpourri was being heated on a kitchen stove when it caught fire.

Water was thrown onto the fire, causing a flash that generated a cloud of smoke, he said.

There were no injuries, the fire chief said.

Four firefighters responded with one pumper truck shortly before 12:45 p.m. They were at the scene less than 10 minutes.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Potpourri causes fire scare”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: