Topeka assisted living center evacuated after stove top fire

WIBW – May 12, 2017

A Topeka assisted living center had to be evacuated due to a kitchen fire.

Firefighters were called to Brewster Place Assisted Living in the 1200 block of SW 29th around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.

Officials say employees smelled smoke in the building, then the fire alarms sounded, so they called 911 and started evacuating residents.

Fire crews contained the fire to a stove top in the kitchen. Nobody was hurt, and no other damage was reported.

Damages are estimated at $10,000.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Topeka assisted living center evacuated after stove top fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: