Ellis County fires likely caused by lightning

By Kaley Conner
Hays Daily News – May 17, 2017

The Ellis County Fire Department battled two fires Tuesday, both of which likely were caused by lightning, according to an email from Fire Chief and Emergency Management Coordinator Darin Myers.

A home was struck by lightning on Deer Trail, and the fire was reported by a neighbor, who also helped extinguish the blaze until help arrived. The fire likely caused significant electrical and roof damage.

A bale fire was reported in the area of 250th Avenue and Hopewell. Several hay bales were on fire, and crews remained on scene Wednesday morning allowing the fire to burn out.

Fire crews from Munjor, Catharine, Victoria, Hays and Ellis all responded to assist with the fires.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Ellis County fires likely caused by lightning”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: