Workers taken to hospital after exposure to carbon monoxide

By Joannah Hlavacek
Lawrence Journal World – June 22, 2017

Two people were taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after being exposed to unhealthy carbon monoxide levels Thursday morning at Schwegler Elementary School, 2201 Ousdahl Road.

Contract workers who were at the site for asbestos abatement and flooring work reported feeling ill after the contractor’s equipment, which runs on propane and uses heat for tile removal, caused elevated carbon monoxide levels inside the building, district spokeswoman Julie Boyle said in an email.

Ambulances were called, and the two workers were transported to LMH. No staff or students were on site Thursday, Boyle said.

“Lawrence Fire and Medical Services responded, ventilated the building, monitored the CO levels and later cleared the facility for use,” Boyle said.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Workers taken to hospital after exposure to carbon monoxide”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: