Fire causes $100,000 in damage at Junction City residence

By Katie Moore
Topeka Capital Journal – June 30, 2017

A fire at a Junction City residence caused an estimated $100,000 in damages Thursday.

The Junction City Fire Department was dispatched just before 11 a.m. for a structure fire at 407 W. 2nd, fire chief Terry Johnson said in a news release.

Crews found smoke coming from the attic area. Firefighters made entry and used a thermal imaging camera to identify a hot area in the corner of an upstairs bedroom. After opening the ceiling, they found heavy fire throughout the attic. To fight the fire and smoke, crews used forced ventilation which vertically pushed smoke and heated gases out of the structure, Johnson said.

One firefighter was treated and released from the Geary Community Hospital after being bitten by a dog at the residence.

The fire department and the State of Kansas Fire Marshal Office determined the blaze was accidental, Johnson said.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire causes $100,000 in damage at Junction City residence”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: