Bird causes grass fire near West Ridge Mall

By Natalie Otto
WIBW – July 10, 2017

A bird could be to blame for a grass fire near West Ridge Mall this evening.

A mall customer who did not want to appear on camera told 13 NEWS he called 9-1-1 after a bird flew into a transformer, sparking a grass fire near the West parking lost of the mall.

Topeka Fire crews arrived on scene around 7:30 and were able to quickly put the fire out.

Westar Energy was also called to assist in fixing the damage caused to the transformer.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Bird causes grass fire near West Ridge Mall”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: