Chlorine leak at Manhattan pool sends several to the hospital

By Nick Viviani
WIBW – July 12, 2017

A chlorine leak at Northview Pool that sent several people to the hospital Wednesday afternoon has been contained, the Manhattan Fire Dept. said.

The Riley Co. Police tweeted a warning around 2:30 p.m., asking people to avoid the pool. Eight lifeguards were reportedly taken to the hospital for chlorine exposure, the fire dept. said.

Asst. Fire Chief Sam Dameron said the victims fell ill during a heat break at the pool, which is when lifeguards get a chance to cool off by getting into the pool.

They were all taken to the Via Christi Medical Center. Their conditions are not known at this time.

The fire department said there is no threat to the public.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Chlorine leak at Manhattan pool sends several to the hospital”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: