Farmer Saves Machinery from Fire Damage

KSAL – July 20, 2017

Photos by Saline County Sheriff’s Office

A hay bale that caught on fire blackened a portion of a field near Gypsum on Wednesday.

According to the Saline County Sheriff’s Office, a bearing inside a John Deer baler overheated and ignited a bale inside the machine in the 8800 block of S. Whitmore Road.

Ryan Nilson was able to eject the bale before the machinery caught on fire – the bale then ignited the grass.

Deputies say about 15 acres of hay was lost in the blaze.

Rural Fire District #1 arrived around 11:30am and put the fire out.

No one was injured.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Farmer Saves Machinery from Fire Damage”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: