Winnebago damaged by fire

Great Bend Tribune – July 27, 2017

A Great Bend man may have stayed too long trying to extinguish a fire in his motor home, but he made a safe retreat with help from the Great Bend Fire Department, Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said.
Russell Coe was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but did not have to be transported to the hospital.
The Great Bend Fire Department was dispatched to 5739 Anchor Way at 2:57 p.m. on Tuesday. When firefighters arrived they found smoke coming from an older style Winnebago.
The motor home appeared to be vacant, but as Battalion Chief Eugene Perkins approached it he heard someone from inside yelling. There was a man inside with a garden hose who was trying to extinguish the fire.
“The man was assisted out and an ambulance was requested to check him because he was coughing and appeared to be having some difficulty breathing from being exposed to the smoke in the trailer,” Napolitano said.
“The fire was extinguished and the cause of the fire is believed to be the window air conditioner unit that was in the trailer,” he added. There was extensive smoke and fire damage to the trailer.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Winnebago damaged by fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: