Smoking materials caused Thursday house fire on Cimarron Drive

By Sara Shepherd
Lawrence Journal World – August 4, 2017

Photo by Wayne Givens

Improperly discarded smoking material caused a two-alarm house fire Thursday evening in Lawrence, authorities say.

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical battled a house fire reported about 6:30 p.m. Thursday at 2501 Cimarron Drive.

When firefighters arrived, flames were spreading into the home’s attic and front living room area, and they requested a second alarm, according to a news release from the department. Firefighters deemed the blaze under control in less than 15 minutes.

No one was hurt, according to the release. One person, who was in the process of moving out, was home at the time.

The department deemed the fire accidental, caused by improperly discarded smoking material, according to the release. Damage to the property was estimated to be $15,000.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Smoking materials caused Thursday house fire on Cimarron Drive”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: