Retirement community is safe after Saturday morning smoke scare

By Daniela Leon
WIBW – August 7, 2017

Officials say a burned up AC fan motor inside the Meadowlark Hills Retirement Community caused a smoke scare Saturday morning.

Manhattan Fire Department were dispatched to the retirement community around 8 a.m after a report of a fire alarm sounding.

When crews arrived they found moderate smoke in the hallway of the third floor prompting them to upgrade to a 2nd Alarm Fire.

Officials began to search the area and determined the cause of the smoke was a burned up AC fan motor.

No injuries or fire damage was reported.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Retirement community is safe after Saturday morning smoke scare”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: